Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The First 100 Days

After any election, the new presidential administration sets up their plan for the first 100 days of governing. My inclination at this time is to create my own first 100 day plan for becoming politically active. I don't need to put together a transition team. I just need to allocate my energy. Some of the plans and ideas I have on my own first 100 day agenda (I'll start on January 20, 2009 as well, which gives me an extra eighty days) are the following items:

1. Reform of Utah's Pay Day Loan laws.
2. Amending Utah's Exemption Statute to allow for the earned income tax credit to be exempt from collection.
3. Lobby for appropriate reform of the bankruptcy code.
4. Encourage reform of much of the legislation from the Bush Administration that led to a reduction in civil liberties and ignored the Consitution.
5. Encourage sound health care reform policies on a state and national level.

From President-elect Obama's speech, I quote "The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep. We may not get there in one year or even one term, but America – I have never been more hopeful than I am tonight that we will get there. I promise you – we as a people will get there."

What difference can one person make? I hope to find out.

No comments: